You won’t find leprechauns or pots of gold at EPIC, but you’ll discover that what it means to be Irish expands far beyond the borders of Ireland through the stories of Irish emigrants who became scientists, politicians, poets, artists and even outlaws all over the world. Discover Ireland from the outside in and find out why saying “I’m Irish” is one of the biggest conversation starters, no matter where you are.
Winner of the ‘Europe’s Leading Tourist Attraction 2019’ award, EPIC is a modern museum situated in Dublin’s Docklands; it tells the moving and unforgettable story of the 10 million Irish people who left their homeland – and how they influenced and shaped the world.
Experience this story in 20 breath-taking interactive galleries, complete with touchscreens, motion-sensor games, and audio and video to bring these one-of-a-kind tales to life.
- Travel back in time through 1,500 years of history
- Interact with the past in easy-to-use high-tech galleries
- Discover family-friendly exhibits full of entertainment and education
- Stamp your very own EPIC passport as you move through Irish history
- Uncover your Irish roots at The Irish Family History Centre
- Europe’s Leading Tourist Attraction 2019
- European Museum of the Year 2018 – Shortlisted
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2017 – Top 5 Irish Museums
- Children in Museums Award 2017 – Shortlisted – the only Irish museum selected for this prestigious European award
“Thought-provoking…I had never fully appreciated the Irish diaspora until my visit to this high-tech exhibit…an entertaining and educational experience”
Travel writer Rick Steves.